Monday, July 2, 2007

Greyhound - I wonder why??

Here's the deal - take a Greyhound from Ithaca to DC and book a ticket 14 days in advance and it costs you just 36 bucks. But try booking a ticket from DC to Ithaca, no matter how many days in advance, the fare is 89 bucks. I wonder why??

Then again. Book a ticket from DC to NYC and it costs you about 50 bucks, with a journey time of about 5 hours. Fly instead within an hour and half for just 60 bucks or so. I wonder why??

Ithaca is closer to NYC than DC is. But the fares from Ithaca to NYC for Greyhound are more than from DC to NYC. I wonder why??

The shortline buses from NYC to Ithaca are cheaper than the Greyhounds from DC to NYC. But they are way better, when it comes to wider seats, more legspace, cleanliness and the service offered. I wonder why??

But still I love Greyhound for their kind of service in this otherwise anti-public-transport country :) I wonder why??

No comments: