Monday, July 16, 2007

Swati

I was busy for the whole last 2 weeks figuring out what can I buy as a gift for myself from this USA trip. I figured out a cheap thing but a good one that can fit in my budget would be a Bose speaker set. I was navigating through various sites to find one when I came across many good deals. Then I figured out that I can spend a few bucks more and buy myself a laptop instead.

So I sat down and narrowed down on 3 choices - an AMD single core Turion for 449$, a Toshiba intel core2duo for 580$ and an acer intel core2duo for 550$. After consulting with many of my friends and cousins, I decided on the third one. The deal was on best buy, and said the laptop was not available in stores, but only available online. I nevertheless went to the best buy store here on Friday to ask about warranties and battery issues. It was there that I found out that the scheme expired the next day. So that was it. I decided this is the laptop that I want, so I asked Sasikanth if he could accompany me there to buy it the next day. He too wanted a laptop so he agreed to come along and have a look at one for himself. We went and bought that laptop the next day then.

So this is my swati, my new laptop. Many people ask me why I have named her Swati. Well, there is no specific reason as such, just that I like the name Swati a lot. Here's the config I got for 550$ (features):





14.1" WXGA TFT-LCD widescreen display with CrystalBrite technology and 1280 x 800 resolution



160GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400rpm)



Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with up to 224MB of shared memory; Intel® High Definition audio; S-video out



4 media keys, including play/pause, stop, previous and next



5-in-1 media reader supports Secure Digital, MultiMediaCard, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO and xD-Picture Card



3 high-speed USB 2.0 ports for fast digital video, audio and data transfer



Built-in Acer InviLink wireless LAN (802.11b/g) with Acer SignalUp technology; 10/100 Ethernet with RJ-45 connector; V.92 high-speed modem



Weighs 5.3 lbs. and measures just 1.4" thin for easy portability, lithium-ion battery and AC adapter



Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition operating system preinstalled; software package included with Acer GridVista, Adobe Acrobat Reader, NTI CD-Maker and more

It comes with a 1GB DDR2 RAM, expandable to 2GB. So what say, good deal eh? :)

Meet Swati: (Click to enlarge)

No comments: