Monday, July 2, 2007

What do I miss most?

What/who do I miss most in USA? I decided I should make a list of things I am most attached to and those I miss a lot here, and finally the thing I miss most.

I miss my family, my friends, the food my mom makes, my mess food, IIT, H2, Phoenix wing, GG building, WEL lab, Mumbai in general, local trains and BEST buses in particular, bus number 524 specifically, Laxmi restaurant, my comp, my cellphone, my room at IIT, bhandari's room at IIT, the squirrel who lived in my room at IIT, Mumbai rains (or floods, whichever way you prefer it), mangoes, Britannia Bourbon, Amul tricone, the nimbu paani and aloo paratha we get in H2 canteen, Dominoes 180 for 4 scheme, my tabla, tabla classes, the idli wada that I ate in our department canteen, Rin supreme, Lamington road, Lan ban, 8.30 lectures and plenty more...

More importantly I miss myself. I miss the way I was when I was at IIT just about 2 months back. I can't wait to get back.

2 comments:

Bastet said...

Hey, I kno exactly what you meant. I, too, miss IITB like crazy. Various trifling things, that I wouldn't have even thought mattered to me - like, the feel of a hot sunset, the comp I used to work on at lab, Sweet pan, choco shake at the h3 canteen, lakeside, pulling friend's legs at the mess.. and so many little things. Most of all, my life there, the freedom I had, the Independence and confidence I used to enjoy back then! Well, but, you can get back the things you miss, buddy, I cant :(

shivani said...

Miss you tooo .... :(